Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Baby Steps

I started taking tiny baby steps today! I went back to my surgeon today and he removed my cast and put me in a walking boot! After a very long and stressful 8 weeks of not being able to walk, I'm finally able to start gradually putting weight on my right foot. I'm ditching the faithful knee scooter and I'll be using crutches to help me with my transition over the next week or so. It's surprising just how weak your whole leg gets after 2 months of not using it. I now have the joy of dry, dead skin and a super hairy leg to deal with, but I'm thrilled to be making progress! My surgeon said my X-rays look great, things are healing well, and my scar will continue to heal nicely and fade with time. I'm not too thrilled to be back in so much pain, but no pain, no gain. I'll be in the walking boot for at least 6 weeks and then I will likely move into a shoe with a rigid sole, like Danskos. 

Now I'm off to soak my gnarly foot in a tub of hot water and slather my leg with all of the lotion I can find!

Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment