Monday, November 17, 2014

Fiesta time!

I'm back! I felt like my last few posts that I've blogged about how I never blog anymore were way too meta and I needed to remedy that ASAP!

On Saturday, B and I hosted a housewarming party at our new place. We did a fiesta theme (since our street name is in Spanish). We ordered catering from Moe's Southwest Grill (make-your-own fajitas with all of the fixings) and served red and white sangria. Our new house quickly turned into a home when we were joined by 22 amazing friends and family member and one super cute dog! We are so thankful for all of the love and support that we have received and continue to receive from these amazing people. B's college roommate even drove all the way from Arizona to NC to join us!  

My very dear friend Katie and her wonderful husband also joined us and spent the night in our newly refurnished guest room. (Check out Katie's blog, Farm to Fête at http://www.farmtofete.com!) She is one of the most incredible and genuine people on the planet, beautiful both inside and out, and I firmly believe that I'd be utterly lost without her in my life. 

B's sister and her husband brought their adorable dog, Joy, who was the life of the party. My BFF surprised me by bringing her sweet baby, Mia, who is just one month old! Mia was born a week before my surgery, on the day we moved into our house, so this was the first time I got to meet my "niece" and I was over the moon. She's the most perfect tiny baby and I am so in love! This was her first party ever, so I'm glad we could start her out on the right foot. 

After all of our guests left, B and I spent some quality time with his college roommate, Katie, and her husband. We drank champagne and played Cards Against Humanity and laughed until our sides ached. It was the most fun I've had in ages. 

The next morning, we went to brunch (and stuffed our faces) and said our goodbyes. It was the perfect ending to the perfect weekend. 

Needless to say, I was having such a good time at our Fiesta that I completely forgot to take pictures. I did manage to snap a couple, but didn't get any of the party in action. 


Some shots of our newly decorated living room, just before our guests arrived. 

Katie and Joy enjoying the Fiesta. 

B FaceTiming with a friend who wasn't able to make it in person. 

Sweet Mia rocking out at her very first Fiesta. Olé!

Enjoying a magnificent brunch at The Flying Biscuit with Katie and her husband!

All in all, it was a magical weekend and I hated to see it end. 

Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment