Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Plated.

So I mentioned in my last post that I'm not a master chef or any kind of culinary expert.  I also mentioned that I'm a bit of a picky eater.  Glad I got those things off my chest.  

B and I signed up for this awesome program called Plated.  Plated allows you the ability to cook chef-inspired meals at home.  You select your delivery date, your menu items, cook it, and enjoy!  Plated sends you a recipe card and all of your ingredients.  It seriously couldn't be any easier.  The ingredients are locally sourced, the meat is hormone free, and the packaging is environmentally friendly.

Here are the meals we have tried so far (And since B is vegetarian, we opted for all vegetarian meals):

Seared Ginger Soy Tempeh with Mizuna and Miso Slaw

Their version.

Our version.
I didn't love the slaw, but that's because I don't really like green stuff.  The tempe was pretty good.  The slaw called for a homemade vinaigrette, which turned out to be delicious!  This took 45 minutes to prepare and had 590 calories.  
êêê

Spicy Coconut Rice Noodles with Kale and Basil

 
Their version.

Our version.
I was really optimistic about this recipe!  The chopping of the kale was a tedious task, but I felt for sure that this would be yummy.  I was wrong.  I really didn't like it and B just tolerated it.  I think we realized that we just don't care for the taste of coconut (unless you're talking about a pina colada).  I don't think we'd ever make this again, but I did really love the rice noodles.  This took about 35 minutes to prepare and had 600 calories.
ê

Cheesy Corn Arepas with Roasted Mushrooms and Avocado

Their version.
Our version.
I admittedly hate mushrooms, so I didn't eat them (but I did try them), but B said they were pretty good.  Our arepas ended up looking a lot yellower than theirs, but I think that was just because of the color of the cornmeal.  These were really tasty and I loved that they added honey to their avocado mix.  My only real complaint was that these fried pretty hard and were a little crunchier than I would want them in the future.  Overall, this was a tasty meal!  This took 40 minutes to prepare and had 600 calories.
êêê

White Bean Fritters with SunDried Tomatoes

Their version.
Our version.
Holy crap, these were DELICIOUS!  We will definitely be making these again very soon.  These have rosemary and sundried tomatoes in them and they are topped with paremsan cheese.  B and I both want to try these again, but instead of placing them on a bed of greens, we want to try them as a burger alternative on a bun.  My mouth is watering just thinking about these... These took 40 minutes to prepare and had 580 calories.
êêêê

Plated has so many different options, and their menu changes each week.  You have choices in Land, Sea, and Veggie and can mix and match.  Each meal feeds 2 people (and the portions are sizable).  Each meal costs $12 (which breaks down to $6/person, and you can't eat out anywhere for that cheap).  We typically order 3 meals per week.  Not only do we save money but we also save time (less shopping) and we get to try new things and learn new skills. 

If you want to give Plated a try, click here.  

Happy cooking!

Love, 
A

No comments:

Post a Comment